How do I troubleshoot my Phone As a Key™ (PAAK) Backup Start Passcode?
If you have a Backup Start Passcode set up and your phone is not functional, (e.g. a drained battery) or if your phone is lost, stolen, or destroyed, the passcode will not show up when you press your brake and start button. Your vehicle's SYNC® screen will also be black.
Use the steps below to troubleshoot your Backup Start Passcode.
Note: Before you start troubleshooting, ensure your Customer Connectivity Settings are enabled.
- Do not keep pressing the start button.
- Slowly pump your vehicle brakes to wake the SYNC screen.
- Once the screen is up, depress and hold the brake for a few seconds.
- Release the brake and wait 15 seconds.
- Depress and hold the brake for a few seconds again, and release.
- Within one to two minutes, your SYNC screen should display the Backup Start Passcode screen.
If the above steps are unsuccessful, please select to contact a Guide for further assistance.