How do I pair my smartwatch device with FordPass®*?
FordPass now supports smartwatches for Android™** and iOS®*** devices.
To use features in either ecosystem, ensure the following:
- Your smartwatch must be paired with your phone.
- Airplane Mode is off for all devices.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®**** are on for all devices.
Select your device type below for pairing steps.
Apple®***** Watch Pairing
- Check the upper left corner of your Apple Watch screen for its pairing state:
- A red phone icon means your watch and phone are not paired.
- A green phone icon means your devices are paired, and no further action is required.
- Place your iPhone®****** and Apple Watch close together. They should pair automatically.
- If your devices do not begin pairing, restart both.
- If they do not pair after a restart, please contact Apple Support.
Wear OS (Android) Pairing
- Turn on your smartwatch.
- On your smartphone, open the Google PlayStore™*******.
- Download and install the Wear OS App.
- Select Open after the installation completes.
- Tap Set it up.
- A prompt should appear on your smartwatch.
- Choose a language, accept the Terms of Service and follow the on-screen prompts.
- On your smartphone, follow the on-screen prompts until you see the name of your smartwatch.
- Tap on the smartwatch name.
- A code will appear on your smartphone and smartwatch.
- Follow the remaining onscreen prompts until the pairing process is complete.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
***iOS is a service mark of Apple Inc.
****The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
*****Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
******iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*******Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.