Returning My Lease Vehicle Early
You may terminate your lease vehicle early by following the instructions contained in the "Voluntary Early Termination" section of your Lease Agreement.
To exercise a Voluntary Early Termination, please follow the steps listed below:
- Return the vehicle to the originating dealer*
- Pay to the dealer the difference between the current balance and the Fair Market Wholesale Value of the vehicle, plus an early termination fee (if applicable, see your Lease Agreement) or the sum of the remaining unpaid payments plus all other amounts due under the lease including any Excess Wear and Use, Excess Mileage charges and any applicable lease Disposition Fee (see your Lease Agreement for details)
- For advance payment leases, if the Fair Market Wholesale Value is greater than the current balance, you will receive a credit for the difference less the early termination fee if applicable (see your Lease Agreement for details)
- Review and sign a Vehicle Condition Report and Odometer Statement (required by federal law)
* If you have moved and it is no longer convenient to return to your originating dealer (the dealership which originated your lease), you may return or purchase your leased vehicle through any participating same–brand dealer. Be sure to schedule an appointment in advance. If you are unable to locate a participating same-brand dealer, please contact Customer Service.
For more information on the lease end process visit www.ford.com/finance/lease-end
Back to all Help Topics and FAQs