Returning My Lease Vehicle
Return your leased vehicle to your originating dealership* by the lease-end date. Remember to bring any repair receipts as well as all keys and key fobs. To fulfill your lease obligations, you need to:
- Satisfy any remaining financial obligations (such as mileage and wear and use charges)
- Facilitate lease-end requirements, such as reviewing and signing the Odometer Statement (required by federal law)
- Complete your vehicle return transaction
If you have not already talked to your dealer, we suggest you contact the originating dealer approximately 45 days prior to lease-end and take the opportunity to discuss:
- Your vehicle return options
- Questions about Excess Wear and Use or Excess Mileage you have
- Your replacement vehicle needs
- Your appointment to return your leased vehicle (on your scheduled lease-end date)
Failing to return your vehicle on time could result in additional charges as described in your Lease Agreement.
* If you have moved and it is no longer convenient to return to your originating dealer (the dealership which originated your lease), you may return or purchase your leased vehicle through any participating same –brand dealer. Be sure to schedule an appointment in advance. If you are unable to locate a participating same-brand dealer, please contact Customer Service.
Back to all Help Topics and FAQs