Build & Price
Configure a vehicle the way you want - from colors to options - and get a Net Price.
This is a condensed version of this section of the warranty. To see a full version, click here.
Ford Motor Company and your selling dealer thank you for selecting one of our quality products. Our commitment to you and your vehicle begins with quality protection and service.
Should your vehicle require warranty repairs, your selling dealer would prefer you return the vehicle to their dealership for service, but you may also take your vehicle to another Ford Motor Company dealership that is authorized for warranty repairs should you choose. However, certain warranty repairs require special training, so not all dealers are authorized to perform all warranty repairs.
All of the warranties discussed on this website are subject to the following limitations and disclaimers:
The warranties discussed here are the only express warranties applicable to your vehicle. Ford does not assume or authorize anyone to assume for it any other obligation or liability in connection with your vehicle or these warranties. No person, including Ford employees or dealers, may modify or waive any part of these warranties.
Ford and its dealers reserve the right to make changes in or additions to vehicles built or sold by them at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes or additions to vehicles previously built or sold.
Ford and its dealers also reserve the right to provide post-warranty repairs, conduct recalls, or extend the warranty coverage period for certain vehicles or vehicle populations, at the sole discretion of Ford. The fact that Ford has provided such measures to a particular vehicle or vehicle population in no way obligates Ford to provide similar accommodations to other owners of similar vehicles.
As a condition of these warranties, you are responsible for properly using, maintaining, and caring for your vehicle as outlined in your Owner Guide and Scheduled Maintenance Guide. Ford recommends that you maintain copies of all maintenance records and receipts for review by Ford.
Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel, telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or consequential damages you may have.
Punitive, exemplary, or multiple damages may not be recovered unless applicable law prohibits their disclaimer.
You may not bring any warranty-related claim as a class representative, a private attorney general, a member of a class of claimants or in any other representative capacity.
Ford shall not be liable for any damages caused by delay in delivery or furnishing of any products and/or services.
You may have some implied warranties. For example, you may have an implied warranty of merchantability (that the car or light truck is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold) or an implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose (that the car or light truck is suitable for your special purposes), if a special purpose was specifically disclosed to Ford itself not merely to the dealer before your purchase, and Ford itself not just the dealer told you the vehicle would be suitable for that purpose.
These implied warranties are limited, to the extent allowed by law, to the time period covered by the written warranties, or to the applicable time period provided by state law, whichever period is shorter.
These implied warranties do not apply at all if you use your vehicle for business or commercial purposes. In addition, the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose does not apply if your vehicle is used for racing, even if the vehicle is equipped for racing.
The warranties discussed here and all questions regarding their enforceability and interpretation are governed by the law of the state in which you purchased your Ford vehicle. Some states do not allow Ford to limit how long an implied warranty lasts or to exclude or limit incidental or consequential damages, so the limitation and exclusions described above may not apply to you.
NOTE: This information about the limitation of implied warranties and the exclusion of incidental and consequential damages under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty also applies to the Emissions Warranties.
QUICK REFERENCE WARRANTY COVERAGE
This chart gives a general summary of your warranty coverage provided by Ford Motor Company under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Please refer to the description of warranty coverage for more specific information.
For each type of coverage, the chart shows two measures:
The measure that occurs first determines how long your coverage lasts. For example: Your Bumper to Bumper Coverage lasts for three years - unless you drive more than 36,000 miles before three years elapse. In that case, your coverage ends at 36,000 miles.
WHAT IS COVERED?
Your New Vehicle Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state to state. Under your New Vehicle Limited Warranty if:
- your Ford vehicle is properly operated and maintained, and
- was taken to a Ford dealership for a warranted repair during the warranty period,
then authorized Ford Motor Company dealers will, without charge, repair, replace, or adjust all parts on your vehicle that malfunction or fail during normal use during the applicable coverage period due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship.
This warranty does not mean that each Ford vehicle is defect free. Defects may be unintentionally introduced into vehicles during the design and manufacturing processes and such defects could result in the need for repairs. For this reason, Ford provides the New Vehicle Limited Warranty in order to remedy any such defects that result in vehicle part malfunction or failure during the warranty period.
The remedy under this written warranty, and any implied warranty, is limited to repair, replacement, or adjustment of defective parts. This exclusive remedy shall not be deemed to have failed its essential purpose so long as Ford, through its authorized dealers, is willing and able to repair, replace, or adjust defective parts in the prescribed manner. Ford’s liability, if any, shall in no event exceed the cost of correcting manufacturing defects as herein provided and upon expiration of this warranty, any such liability shall terminate.
Conditions that are not covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty are described below. When making warranty repairs on your vehicle, the dealer will use Ford or Motorcraft® parts or remanufactured or other parts that are authorized by Ford, at the discretion of Ford or the Ford dealership.
Nothing in this warranty should be construed as requiring defective parts to be replaced with parts of a different type or design than the original part, so long as the vehicle functions properly with the replacement part. Moreover, Ford and its authorized dealers are entitled to a reasonable time and a reasonable number of attempts within which to diagnose and repair any defect covered by this warranty.
In certain instances, Ford may authorize repairs at other than Ford dealer facilities.
Two separate warranties apply to tires on your new vehicle. The New Vehicle Limited Warranty covers tire defects in factory supplied material or workmanship for 100% of labor costs and on a pro rata adjustment basis for parts.
For vehicles within the New Vehicle Limited Warranty time in service and mileage coverage period, defective tires will be replaced on a pro rata adjustment basis according to the following mileage-based.
|MILES DRIVEN PERCENT OF PARTS COVERED BY FORD||MILES DRIVEN PERCENT OF PARTS COVERED BY FORD|
|1-12,000 100%||1-12,000 100%|
|12,001-24,000 60%||12,001-24,000 60%|
|24,001-36,000 30%||24,001-36,000 30%|
The tire manufacturer also provides you with a separate tire warranty that may extend beyond the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. You will find the manufacturer’s tire warranty with the owner literature supplied with your vehicle. You have the option to have a tire warranty repair performed by the tire manufacturer’s authorized service center. If you go to a tire service center for a repair covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, you may be charged a prorated amount for wear or other charges. If so, you should present your paid invoice detailing the nature of the charges to any Ford Motor Company dealership for refund consideration. When making warranty repairs on your vehicle, the dealer will use Ford or Motorcraft® parts or remanufactured or other parts that are authorized by Ford. In certain instances, Ford may authorize repairs at other than Ford dealer facilities. Tire replacements under warranty will be made with the same brand and model as originally equipped with the vehicle unless the same brand and model is no longer available, in which case a tire of the same brand, size, load, speed and tread type will be used. In some circumstances, Ford may authorize another brand and/or model to substitute for the original brand and model, even if still available.
Normal tire wear or damage is not reimbursable.
Extended warranty coverage periods are available for certain vehicle parts and conditions. Specifically,
(1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The extended coverage applies to the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, electronic engine control unit, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, thermostat, thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt), turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump; Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts; Front-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints; Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, propeller shafts, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.
(2) Your vehicle’s safety belts and air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) are covered for an extended Safety Restraint Coverage Period, which lasts for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
(3) Your vehicle’s body sheet metal panels are covered for an extended Corrosion Coverage Period, which lasts for five years, regardless of miles driven. The extended warranty coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty — our policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
(4) Your vehicle’s direct injection diesel engine and certain engine components are covered during the PowerStroke® Diesel Engine Coverage Period, which lasts for five years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The following parts are covered during this extended coverage period: the engine, cylinder block, heads and all internal parts, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gear, harmonic balancer, valve covers, oil pan and pump, water pump, fuel system (excluding fuel lines, fuel tank and frame mounted fuel conditioning module sometimes referred to as the frame mounted pump/filter/water separator), high pressure lines, gaskets and seals, glow plugs, turbocharger, two-stage turbocharger assembly, turbocharger actuator, powertrain control module, engine control module, high pressure fuel injection pump assembly, electronic driver unit, injectors, injection pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, high pressure oil regulator, exhaust back pressure regulator and sensor, exhaust pressure sensor, manifold pressure sensor, intake air temperature sensor, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, accelerator switch.
Note: Some components may also be covered by the Emissions Warranties.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY?
Damage Caused By:
Damage Caused by Alteration or ModificationThe New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
Damage Caused by Use and/or the EnvironmentThe New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover surface rust, deterioration and damage of paint, trim, upholstery, and other appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements. You, as the owner, are responsible for these items. Some examples are:
Maintenance/WearThe New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover: (1) parts and labor needed to maintain the vehicle; and (2) the replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear. You, as the owner, are responsible for these items. See your Scheduled Maintenance Guide. Some examples of maintenance and normal wear are:
SYNC® Hands-Free Communications and Entertainment SystemIf your vehicle is equipped with SYNC, the New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover repairs under certain conditions. Some examples include:
Tire Wear or DamageThe New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover normal wear or worn-out tires. Tires will not be replaced (unless required by a warranty repair) for wear or damage including:
Other Items or Conditions Not Covered
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover:
If you would like to download the full warranty document for your reference, click here.*
*This file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Now you can view exclusive price savings on our Build & Price Shopping Tool
Note: AXZ Plan pricing information is not available on all Ford websites. In addition, some vehicles, trims or options you select may not qualify for AXZ Plans. Also, some dealers may choose not to participate in AXZ Plan pricing. Contact your local dealer to determine their level of participation in the Program and final vehicle pricing.
What happens if I close this site before I’m finished? If you close your window or tab, you must re-access the site through the AXZ Plan Pricing website to ensure that all eligible plan pricing is visible. If you need additional information concerning the AXZ Plans, please refer back to you’re AXZ Plan Pricing website for complete details.
See our newest vehicles, product updates and news about offers and more. Just complete the fields below to get information from Ford.
Thank you. You can expect to receive your requested information shortly.